Download & Installation
PermalinkDownload the theme Frankfurt
- Once you have purchased your MarketPress product, log in to your customer account on MarketPress.com with the access information you received via email.
- Go to Downloads & Invoices. There you will find a list of the products you have purchased, which are now ready to download.
- Download the theme Frankfurt to your PC. You will now have a ZIP archive entitled frankfurt.zip.
PermalinkInstallation via the WordPress admin area
This is the easiest way to install a theme:
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Appearance → Themes and click the button Add New.
- Now click Upload theme on the page Add themes.
- Click Browse …, navigate to the file frankfurt.zip on your PC, and click Install Now.
- Wait for WordPress to display a confirmation message that the theme was installed successfully. Click Activate to use the theme you just uploaded for your website. Alternatively, you can activate the theme later in the dashboard via Appearance → Themes, or via the Customizer.
PermalinkInstallation via FTP
Are you having problems with the installation via the WordPress admin section? Then try it via FTP. To do so, you will need an FTP program, for example Filezilla.
- Extract the ZIP archive frankfurt.zip locally on your hard drive. You will now have a folder entitled frankfurt.
- Create a connection between your PC and your webspace via the FTP program.
- Upload the folder to the directory wp-content/themes of your WordPress installation.
- Log in to WordPress and activate the theme via Appearance → Themes.
PermalinkFrankfurt Child Theme Installation
We recommend working with a child theme if you want to make adjustments to the code. This will ensure that your changes will remain after an update.
You can download our child theme for Frankfurt from GitHub, and install it exactly like you installed Frankfurt. Here is the link to the download (side bar on the right, button Download ZIP): Frankfurt Child Theme.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Before beginning with the installation, make sure that you have set the correct language for the page under Settings → General so that WooCommerce will be installed in your language.
- Go to Plugins → Add New, and look for the plugin WooCommerce (by WooThemes) via the search mask.
- Install and activate the plugin. You will see a message with a button for the installation of the WooCommerce pages. Another message will ask you to confirm that WooCommerce is permitted to collect data from your installation. This message can be ignored with “No, do not bother me again”.
- Make sure that the language files are installed correctly BEFORE you install the WooCommerce pages. This is easily checked: the menus WooCommerce and Products in the admin bar should appear in your language. If that is not the case, you need to install the correct language via the message mentioned above. Should that message fail to appear, then go to WooCommerce → System Status → Tools) and click the button Force Translation Upgrade..
- Install the WooCommerce pages.
- Go to Settings → Permalinks and set pretty permalinks (not the option Default) in the section Product permalink base.
Installing WooCommerce – Your WordPress-Based Online Shop in Five Minutes (including links to a number of articles on the topic of WooCommerce at the end of the post)
Installing WooCommerce German Market (optional)
- Download WooCommerce German Market from your MarketPress account under Downloads & Invoices. You will now have a ZIP archive entitled woocommerce-german-market.zip.
- In the WordPress admin section, go to Plugins → Install. Click the button Add New and then Upload plugin.
- Upload the ZIP archive, then install and activate the plugin.
- WooCommerce German Market will display a welcome screen, and you will be given the option to select some settings. Make your selection (it will be best to leave the to top option selected), and click Install – WooCommerce German Market.