Page templates specify the look of individual page types. Depending on the theme you have chosen, you may have the option to assign a template to specific page types via the back end.
Here is a short explanation of the appearance of individual page types in Frankfurt:
- Blog post pages and blog archives have a sidebar on the right (Sidebar).
- There are four page templates to choose from for static pages:
- Default Template with a sidebar on the right (Sidebar)
- Main Sidebar Left with a sidebar on the left (Sidebar)
- Full Width without a sidebar and
- Front Page without a sidebar. This is the template for the Frankfurt-specific front page. You will find a detailed description in this documentation in the section Front Page.
Edit the page and select the template you want under Page Attributes → Template to specify the type.
Alternatively, you can program new templates – ideally via a child theme – or adapt the existing ones.