With BackWPup Pro you schedule automatic backups for your WordPress installation. You decide which content will be stored where and when. BackWPup Pro is the All-in-One backup solution for WordPress!
With more than 700.000 downloads, BackWPup is the most successful and most used backup solution for WordPress. The perfect tool to back up your valuable content easily. Don’t risk a total loss of your WordPress site. “The most important backup is the one that has never been made!”
Save your database and attachments with scheduled jobs, get the backups by email or let it send to a server or cloud service of your choice (such as e.g. Amazon S3, Dropbox). BackWPup Pro comes with wizards which will guide you step by step.
Features / differences between Free and Pro
|Complete database backup|
|Complete file backup|
|WordPress XML export|
|List of installed plugins|
|Backup archives management|
|Log file management|
|Start jobs per WP-Cron, URL, system, backend or WP-CLI|
|Log report via email|
|Backup to Microsoft Azure|
|Backup as email|
|Backup to S3 services (Amazon, Google Storage, Hosteurope and more)|
|Backup to Dropbox|
|Backup to Rackspace Cloud Files|
|Backup to FTP server|
|Backup to your web space|
|Backup to SugarSync|
|Custom API keys for DropBox and SugarSync|
|XML database backup as PHPMyAdmin schema|
|Database backup as mysqldump per command line|
|Database backup for additional MySQL databases|
|Import and export job settings as XML|
|Wizard for system tests|
|Wizard for scheduled backup jobs|
|Wizard to import settings and backup jobs|
|Differential backup of changed directories to Dropbox|
|Differential backup of changed directories to Rackspace Cloud Files|
|Differential backup of changed directories to S3|
|Differential backup of changed directories to MS Azure|
|Dynamically loaded documentation|
|Automatic update from MarketPress|
|GET FREE||GET PRO|
What other say about BackWPup
After trying out several different backup options and several different backup plugins, I have chosen: BackWPup – This has all the features I was looking for. StressLessWeb.com
If you don’t have a backup schedule in place or you only have a partial backup I recommend you download and install BackWPup. I’m using it on all my sites now, and with my clients too. WPDude.com
All these options make BackWPup very useful, reliable and easy to use plugin. ThematoSoup.com
BackWPup is a useful, easy-to-use and set-up plugin for backing-up both your WordPress file and database, as well as clean and optimize your database. WPNuggets.com
Overall, it’s a pretty solid all-purpose backup and DB optimisation plugin, and the excellent control over cron jobs it gives a webmaster access to is unmatchable – for example, you can configure it to use your server’s cron utility instead of default WP cron. LinuxForU.com
You can install BackWPup Pro automatically or manually with an FTP program.
- Download the plugin from your MarketPress download area to your hard drive. You get a ZIP archive.
- Log in to your WordPress installation as administrator and go to “Plugins → Add New”. There go to Upload.
- Click on “Choose” and select the file you have downloaded in step 1. Click on “Install Now”.
- Click on “Activate”. Now you are prompted to enter your license key. You can find it in your Download area on MarketPress. Copy the license key into the input field and click “Activate”.
Manual Installation via FTP
- Download the plugin from your MarketPress download area to you hard drive. You get a ZIP archive.
- Extract the ZIP archive to your hard drive. You get a directory with files and subdirectories.
- Open the root directory of your WordPress installation with an FTP program. You will find a directory
wp-contentthere and therein a directory
- Copy the main directory with all its content from your hard drive to the
plugindirectory on your web space.
- Log in to your WordPress installation as administrator and go to “Plugins”. There you will find the new plugin.
- Click on “Activate”. Now you are prompted to enter your license key. You can find that in your Download area on MarketPress. Copy the license key into the input field and click “Activate”.
Your plugin is now completely installed and activated. You will get automatic update notices, and you can use the plugin in its entirety.
Can I use BackWPup Pro in a multi-site installation?
Yes. Logged in as administrator you will find the plugin in your network administration.
How often should I back up?
Rule of thumb: The more active your site is the more frequently you should create backups.
Keep in mind WordPress stores most data (posts, pages, comments) in the database and only attachments are stored on the file system. We recommend to backup the database more frequently than the file system.
Why should I do backups?
For the same reason you back up your documents on your computer, a WordPress installation should be protected regularly. Before installing an update you really should save your data! If something were to go wrong, then the saved file can be reloaded and reinstate the saved configuration to the previously working state. It saves you much work, time and money.
Where is the backup data stored?
BackWPup Pro offers various options. You can send it via email, store it on the server or in the cloud. By different sheduled jobs, backups can be saved daily on a server and weekly via email, to share the data and make it more save.
== Changelog ==
= Version 3.0.7 =
* Improved: All job requests will done over wp-cron.php now
* Improved: Ajax calls if blog in maintenance mode
* Improved: Getting of DB_CHARSET
* Improved: FTP file deletion
* Improved: Dropbox authentication (If restrict to job settings page not work you can open the settings page manually again to authenticate)
* Fixed: No maintenance mode, if a maintenance mode already active
* Fixed: Archive file deletion
* Updated: AWS SDK to Version 2.2.1 (PHP 5.3.3+)
= Version 3.0.6 =
* Fixed: Massages on empty DB prefix
* Fixed: Bug in cron calculation
* Improved: Dropbox upload so that it can continuing on next try
= Version 3.0.5 =
* Changed: Display only normal messages on progress bars
* Changed: Detection of multisite blog upload folder
* Changed: Backups list for destination file will not cached.
* Changed: Reduced files of AWS SDK to the only needed.
* Fixed: Side load braking if no folder permissions
* Fixed: Multiple backups deletion on backups page not working
* Fixed: DB optimize and check not only use WP tables if selected
* Fixed: File deletion on Dropbox if folder name has a space
* Fixed: False scheduling time in some timezones
* Removed: Option for excluding file, cache, temp folders. Can done with file/folder exclusion too.
* Added: Option to restart the job on archive creation if a size of files reached
* Added: Option to set Zip method (PclZip or ZipArchive)
* Improved: Performance if PclZip used.
* Updated: AWS SDK to Version 1.6.1
* Updated: AWS SDK to Version 2.2.0 (PHP 5.3.3+)
= Version 3.0.4 =
* Changed: default settings for ‘Restart on every main step’ and ‘Reduce server load’ to disabled
* Fixed: Settings not correctly set to default
* Fixed: mysqli::get_charset() undefined method
* Fixed: Settings not saved correctly
* Fixed: Abort on MySQL Functions Backup
* Improved: MySQLi connection
* Added: Server connection test on run now.
* Added: S3 AWS SDK 1.6.0 for PHP lower than 5.3.3
= Version 3.0.3 =
* Improved: Archive creation performance
* Fixed: Problem with S3 Prefix
* Fixed: warnings on excluded folders
* Fixed: message from putenv
* Fixed: not working downloads
* Changed: removed fancybox and uses thickbox because plugin compatibility
* Added: folder checking on run now
= Version 3.0.2 =
* Fixed: Warnings on job edit tab files
* Fixed: folder name on temp cleanup in cron
* Fixed: Setting charset on sql backup
* Fixed: DB Connection on database backup if hostname has a port
* Fixed: Call undefined function apc_clear_cache()
* Fixed: wp-content selected folders not excluded
* Added: Deactivation off multi part upload for S3 Services
* Added: fallback for mysql_ping()
* Added: Options for email senders name
* Changed: 5 minutes cron steps back
* Removed: Flashing admin bar icon
* Updated: OpenCloud API to Version 1.4.1
= Version 3.0 =
* Added: Jobs can now be started with an external link or per command line
* Added: Backups can now be compressed with gz or bzip2
* Added: All file names can now be adjusted
* Added: MySQL dump supports now views
* Added: Settings for access control per capability and role
* Added: Save a list of installed Plugins
* Added: Support for WP-CLI
* Improved: Job edit page with tabs
* Improved: Settings page with tabs
* Improved: Database dump now uses mysqli PHP extension for better performance
* Improved: ZIP archives are now created with PHP Zip if available
* Improved: All passwords are now stored encrypted in database
* Improved: wp-cron job start mechanism
* Improved: Job start mechanism not longer uses URL in plugin directory
* Improved: Use `temp` directory in uploads or set it with `WP_TEMP_DIR`
* Changed: Mailing backup archives now with SwiftMailer
* Changed: Job process now back in the WordPress environment
* Changed: License changed to GPLv3
* Changed: Rewrote almost the complete code base to use classes with auto-loading
* Changed: Logs are now displayed with fancybox
* Updated: AWS SDK v2.1.2 (PHP 5.3.3)
* Updated: OpenCloud SDK to v1.3 (PHP 5.3)
* Updated: Windows Azure SDK v0.3.1_2011-08 (PHP 5.3.2)
* Removed: serialized job export
* Removed: tools section – not needed anymore
* Removed: Dashboard widgets are now on the BackWPup plugin dashboard
* Fixed: many, many minor bugs
= Version 3.0 Pro =
* Export jobs and settings as XML
* Synchronization of files to backup with destination (filename and size checked)
* Wizard to import jobs and settings from XML
* Database dump can backup other MySQL databases
* Database dump can use `mysqldump` command on commend line
* Database dump can create XML files (phpMyAdmin schema)
* Use your own API keys for Dropbox and SugarSync
* Premium Support
* Automatic updates
- Domains: 2
- Updates: 12 months
- Supportforum: 12 months
- Renewal*: 12 months / 45 $
- Domains: 10
- Updates: 12 months
- Supportforum: 12 months
- Renewal*: 12 months / 55 $
- Domains: unlimited
- Updates: 12 months
- Supportforum: 12 months
- Renewal*: 12 months / 110 $
* Functionality for the Product is without time limit. Renewal is only needed if you want an update or support.